Republican congressman calls for Hillary's execution in front of firing squad. why do they demonize her so? That kind of unprecedented deep hatred never before seen in American politics that tells us what will do to democracy, He's already doing it
Now we come down to the last couple of things about the election. My last couple of chances to convince readers to vote for sanity (Clinton in this case). I will go back to talking about wonderful abstract pie in the sky ivory tower theology when the election is over. I will need to retreat into the Ivory tower to heal my wounded inner ideologue. On Monday I will deal with the issue "Should Abortion Really be the deal breaker for Christians in voting?" Here I want to deal with the Vilification of Hillary.
While Trump's demonetization of her is unprecedented in modern post war times, in one of the debates he refereed to her as "the devil." It's not true that politicians never vilified their opponents in the pat they used to do it all the time. They also argued against Al Smith (1928) because he was Catholic, As late as 1960 my fundamentalist Church of Christ parents wrote in LBJ because they could not vote for Catholic JFK. I take pride in pointing out that they outgrew that and broadened their perspective in old age when they became charismatic. While it is nothing new it is something we had moved beyond. We outgrew it, Trump has moved us back to a pre WWII level of prejudice.
It has been remarkable the level of demonizing that has gone on. Part of the little private world mythology they have collected about her says that she murdered 45 people including their good friend Venice Foster, who was indispensable the Clinton's political career. It's much more likely the /republicans murdered him--if anyone murdered him at all-- the Clintons had no motive. It's obvious they have read "Macbeth" too many times and it's so convenient to paint her with that brush since her husband was the Democratic equivalent of king. Moreover, she has ambitions for her own power. There is no evidence of any kind to back any of that u and they are actually arguing something ,like whoever Hillary knew who is dead must have been murdered by her.
Then there are the constant allusion to how she is crooked and guilty, she is presumed guilty despite evidence of innocence.Through out this entire process I have insisted that they show me one thing of which she is guilty. They have the Republicans turned her down. I have documented how she is exonerated on that issue. I have also documented that she's not been found guilty of any wrong doing on the emails. The new batch of emails are not even known to the FBI to show any wrong doing.
As to Trump's big argument, she's been in power for a long time and she has not accomplished anything. In fact she started Isis. She's only had two big powerful jobs, senator and Sec of State. The latter doesn't make laws she was a good Sec of State. She's been in public life since college but that doesn't mean that most of that she was in a position to really change things.When she was in the senate she was not the whole senate. Most freshman terms in the senate are not fruitful because there;s a seniority system. The logic of the Issis argument is stupid. I'v e seen it done with Obama too, Obama has been in eight years and race relations have gotten worse so Obama did it, That is the fallacy know as argumnet from sign. Like saying all heroine addicts start out drinking milk, therefore, milk leads to heroin addiction. George W. Bush had more to do with Starting Isis than did Hillary. Not only did he lie about weapons of mass destruction to start the war but he allowed Cheney's policies of torture that led to the direct origin of Isis. Blaming Obama or the state of race relations is like blaming doctors for sickness because they closely associated with sick people, They blithely ignore their own culpability in the process. They fed racist dogma about Obama and nursed the birther lie and so many other things to foment racial bigotry and let's don't forget how Trump legitimized the expression of racism again. That's unconscionable to blame Obama when Trump has done so much to bring racism back into the lime light,
They seem brainwashed when it comes to Hillary. It's like sharks at feeding frenzy they are ravenous and the more ravenous they are the morose they become. She's been elevated to an abstract position where she represents all evil in the abstract.the obvious answer is that she's a woman, There's more to it than that. Some actually become offended when I say they can't handle a woman who seeks power. They want me to think of them as more sophisticated. Sorry if they are voting for Trump they are not sophisticated. But there is more to it than that.
Trump is in teh position of the sky father: he;s old, he' white, he;s rich he' male. This makes him the stand in for rightful authority and the rebellious evil woman seeks to take that rightful authority away, But, Trump is not a worthy representative, He's the one they are stuck with, The obvious solutionmis to make the evil woman out to be so evil that it justified choosing Trump. We have been circumventing Hillary all this time trying to warn everyone of the dangerous of Trump,. The more evil we made him out to be the more evil they had to make Hillary out to be. This whole election process has been an exerciser in dueling demonetization.
Looking back on it I never really got around to actually painting the pictiure of how great Hillary is., So now that's too late:
20+ Reasons Hillary Clinton Is The Best Choice
We could go all the way back to the early 1970s, when Clinton was graduating from law school and Trump was going into the family business of moneymaking, tax dodging, and discrimination, but let’s focus on just the past twenty-five or so years, shall we? And, by the way, we can do this without mentioning her opponent once.
- She won her New York Senate seat by double-digits in the year 2000, becoming the first woman Senator ever elected in New York.
- The people of New York re-elected her in 2006 with 67 percent of the vote, showing their approval of her leadership.
- While serving in the Senate she voted with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), considered by many to be a champion of the people, 93 percent of the time.
- Her voting record in Senate made her the 11th “most liberal” member.
- She ran for President in 2008, and, after losing the primary to President Barack Obama(despite getting more votes), she campaigned for him.
- She co-sponsored the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Shortly thereafter, President Obama appointed her Secretary of State.
- As Secretary of State, she pushed for the raid that took out Osama bin Laden, negotiated a ceasefire in Gaza, helped repair the United States’ image around the world after the disastrous Bush years, and worked with foreign nations to help bring Iran to the negotiating table, among other things.
- She created the “Saving Mothers, Giving Life” initiative in 2012, just before she resigned as Secretary of State. The initiative exists to help reduce maternal and infant mortality in sub-Saharan Africa.
- She is running for President on the most progressive Democratic party platform in history.
- Clinton has offered progressive proposals to reform arcane drug laws, improve health care for veterans, and improvethe lives of people living with autism, among other things.
- She has proposed a $350 billion plan to help students who are struggling to pay for college.
- She has a plan to help public schools, realizing that privatization and vouchers