Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Dialogue with Atheist on the faith

Star - Wikipedia




Here I distill a discussion on Rauser;s blog with an atheist, I'm extracting the best parts. I wanted to Nasser this guy becuase I was an atheist and found Jesus,He was a Christian and gave  up.

https://randalrauser.com/2020/05/can-a-pastor-have-doubts/#comment-4928430136

I wrestled with my faith, was honest about my doubts and studied it to the best of my abilities for over a decade. I slowly and thoughtfully came to the conclusion Christianity was a man made religion without an ounce of involvement from god. Do you have a huge respect for me too?
I don't respect you because I don't know
you. But I was raised in a Christian home, fundamentalist.. Became an atheist then discovered Jesus was saved. What I don't respect is the idea "without an ounce of involvement from god." It is obvious Christianity has something going for it. when It produces St Paul. Mother Teresa, Tom Douley, Joan of Arc and and Kierkegaard obviously it has something, As an atheist you can't it's God but it is not just bull shit.

I really wish I could trace our reasoning on the issues, bet I could answer all your objections. But That's only because belief in God is highly personal and I an satisfied with my own answers, Atheists play games with empirical proof which is a meaninglessness concept. God arguments serve a useful purpose but they can;t prove Gpd. You should not expect them to.


  • Here he asks what I think God arguments do: "God arguments area good way to think about the nature of God, they set up ideas that demonstrate how /God might have to be, Also they warrant belief. While they don't prove it they can offer rational reasons to believe,"

    "Christian apologists wave off the problem of evil as a 9th grade argument which no one takes seriously. They then offer an ancient story of a young woman eating a piece of fruit as a reasonable explanation for the moment of tectonic plates."

    Hinman
    Yes there us a lot of bad apologetics. One thing I hope to accomplish is to help provide alternatives.I take theodicy seriously because it was one of my major points as an atheist.See my website:
    Dana Harper
    "Empirical proof is a meaningless concept and I after I don’t provide any proof, I want you to find the defendant guilty”.

    Hinman
    My statements about empirical proof are contextual. they apply to specifically arguments for God, I would not disparage empirical proof of the gilt of a human defendant because it is possible to have empirical evidence. But it is not
    possible to have empirical evidence of God, we can;t see God, God is too big for us to see or to capture in empirical proofs. I say "too big" figuratively hes beyond the range of our sense data.
    On monday I will have a specious discussion on my view of Problem of pain and evil.I invite Dana to take part I ask everyone be part of it.

    No comments: