Monday, August 21, 2017




In Memory of
Jerry Lewis 
(1926-2017)


One of the last great figures of my childhood is gone. Lewis was my favorite comedic genius. I don't care much for the movies he made with Dean Martin, and I can't stand any of  his movies made after 68. I don't know why his humor went so sour at least, according to my tastes. But during that magic period when the great films were being made, the 60s were set to happen and began to unfold, Lewis was magic.

My favorites are The Bellboy, The Errand Boy, and the Disorderly orderly. Also ampomg the best are Cemerfella, TheNuttie Professor, and The Ladiesman, Visit to a small Planet, The Patsy.

The French were right he was a genus!


from IMBd page

Jerry Lewis (born March 16, 1926) was an American comedian, actor, singer, film producer, screenwriter and film director. He is known for his slapstick humor in film, television, stage and radio. He was originally paired up with Dean Martin in 1946, forming the famed comedy team of Martin and Lewis. In addition to the duo's popular nightclub work,... See full bio »
see his filmogrophy
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001471/



Don't forget my regular post

No comments: